Our Pathology Collection Centre is operated by Douglass Hanly Moir (DHM). It provides very comprehensive tests, investigations, and screening services, including laboratory analysis of:
- drug screening
- Holter Heart Monitors
- H-Pylori Breath tests, and
- a host of other useful diagnostic services
The onsite Pathology Collection Centre is open 7.30am-12.30pm Monday-Friday, and we receive your test results rapidly within 1-4 days by electronic transfer to your medical record.
As the biggest pathology provider in the southern hemisphere, DHM's team of pathologists, scientists, specialists, and blood collectors provide a market-leading pathology service that includes a comprehensive range of onsite testing, hardcopy and electronic reporting and expert consultative support, as follows:
- A diagnostic and a consultative service covering all disciplines of pathology
- Clinical reviews
- Ongoing medical research
- Therapeutic drug monitoring and individual drug dosing for patients
- Specimen collection services
DHM operates a network of collection centres throughout Australia and the Sydney metropolitan area.
DHM provides the following options for reporting results:
- Hard Copy Reports
- Result download service to GP practice management software and a dedicated mobile App
- Secure web based reporting allowing real time access to results
- Cumulative reports
A specialised reporting module for Histology, Cytology, Cytogenetic and Cancer Genetic testing results.
As well as treating patients, our doctors review hundreds of incoming blood test and imaging results every day, and arrange for you to be immediately notified of any critical result.
- All abnormal, but non-urgent results, which require a change in management or treatment, will generally require an appointment to discuss and to ensure you fully understand the condition. Our doctors, nurse, or reception staff will contact you to arrange a follow-up appointment in this situation.
- To minimise disturbing you, we do not notify you of the hundreds of normal results, or those which require no change in management.
- After your doctor has reviewed and commented on your results, our reception can scan email you a copy of those results or you're welcome to attend to collect a printed copy in person.
- Please allow at least 3 business days after sample collection, before calling reception to request results.
- No fee is incurred for a follow-up call from your doctor following up results or checking whether you are well