Balmoral Medical Practice has partnered with St Vincent’s & Mater Hospitals to deliver the most comprehensive pathology service in NSW. Their SydPath laboratories include diagnostic analysis in the fields of
- drug screening
- H-Pylori Breath tests, and
- a host of other useful diagnostic services
The onsite pathology collection centre is open 7.30am-12.30pm Monday-Friday, and we receive your test results rapidly within 2-5 days by electronic transfer to your medical record.
SydPath’s team of pathologists, scientists and blood collectors provide a market-leading pathology service that includes a comprehensive range of onsite testing, hardcopy and electronic reporting and expert consultative support, as follows:
- A diagnostic and a consultative service covering all disciplines of pathology
- Clinical reviews
- Bone Marrow Aspiration, Fine Needle Aspiration and Frozen Sections.
- Ongoing medical research
- Therapeutic drug monitoring and individual drug dosing for patients
- Specimen collection services
SydPath operates a network of collection centres throughout the Sydney metropolitan area.
SydPath provides the following options for reporting results:
- Hard Copy Reports
- Result download service to GP practice management software
- Secure web based reporting allowing real time access to results
- Cumulative reports
A specialised reporting module for Histology, Cytology, Cytogenetic and Cancer Genetic testing results.
For further information visit their website at www.sydpath.com.au
As well as treating patients, our doctors review hundreds of incoming blood test and imaging results every day, and arrange for you to be immediately notified of any critical result.
- All abnormal, but non-urgent results, which require a change in management or treatment, will generally require an appointment to discuss and to ensure you fully understand the condition. Our doctors, nurse, or reception staff will contact you to arrange a follow-up appointment in this situation.
- To minimise disturbing you, we do not notify you of the hundreds of normal results, or those which require no change in management.
- After your doctor has reviewed and commented on your results, our reception can scan email you a copy of those results or you're welcome to attend to collect a printed copy in person.
- Please allow at least 3 business days after sample collection, before calling reception to request results.
- No fee is incurred for a follow-up call from your doctor following up results or checking whether you are well