1. Telephone & Video (telehealth) Consultations
Telephone and Video medical consultations (by Skype & Zoom) may be booked:
- by calling reception on 8209 3999, or
- online through this website, or
- directly through online HotDoc booking service
Be aware that taking an adequate history may be more limited, and no physical examination is possible. Our doctors also call you to discuss routine test results or to give brief explanations of treatment plans. Should your doctor decide a face-to-face consultation & physical examination is necessary, you will be asked to make an appointment to attend the practice.
The standard time-based medicare rebates apply to all Telephone & Video Consultations and:
- help reduce cross-infective risk,
- are a more efficient use of your time
- save travel time
- require you to be in a private area to discuss confidential matters
- allow you to consult your doctor from anywhere on Earth (please get the Sydney time zone right – Australian Eastern Standard Time)
- are less useful for accurate diagnosis and treatment compared with a F2F physical consultation
- sometimes a follow-up F2F consultation will ALSO be required
2. Repeat Script Requests
For registered patients only who have seen their doctor in the last 3 months, a routine repeat script may be requested by booking:
- a telephone consultation for an e-script, or
- from your usual doctor through our HotDoc booking service,
- the e-script is then emailed directly to you
- your medical condition requires review, or
- it has been over 3 months since a doctor reviewed you, or
- your doctor is away and another doctor is unable to safely fill the script,
please call reception to book an appointment or book online.
3. Online Repeat Referral Request
- All new referral requests require an appointment booked with your GP (by telehealth or F2F) for a preliminary diagnostic assessment, and any tests that may need to be ordered, prior to seeing a sub-specialist. These should not be requested online
- Also, if it is over 3 months since your last consultation, a telehealth or F2F appointment must be booked
- Often, our experienced GP’s can answer your query, saving you the cost of a sub-specialist visit
- Prepaid online repeat referrals without a GP consultation are only for a) patients with established long-term annual sub-specialist reviews, AND b) where your GP is already familiar with the chronic medical condition
- The fee for a prepaid online repeat referral without a GP consultation, is $55, and may be obtained by clicking here.
- If your doctor decides a review appointment is nevertheless required, our reception will call to book you an appointment. A prepaid referral fee is deducted from the cost of your appointment.
NOTE: As a matter of strict practice policy, no scripts for sleeping tablets, benzodiazepines, opioids, or any other S8 medications which lead to dependence or tolerance will be provided online without a face to face consultation.
4. Administrative Queries
Should you have any queries about:
- your account
- Medicare, State and National health systems
- private health insurance, or
- about our own or other local health services,
please call reception on 8209 3999 or contact reception team via the Contact Us page on this website. We do not charge fees for administrative enquiries. Please do not request Clinical Advice from our reception team.
If your query is clinical or otherwise urgent, please telephone us directly on 8209 3999.